Who's going to be the big winner today?
Have a few suggestions for the Superbowl watching to do with your kids...
During the commercials (the appropriate ones at least!)
- Pick a letter before each commercial break. See if your child can find any commercials for products that begin with that letter. More advanced? Try finding words in the commercial beginning with it. Less advanced? Try to pick out letters written in commercials (text, signs, etc.)
- Have your child pick one word said in the first commercial. By the end of the next commercial, see how many rhyming words he/she can come up with.
- Have them watch a commercial, then act out their own rendition of it.
- Do some good old fashioned reading while commercials are playing. See how many books you can get through each commercial break. Try to beat the last break!
- Keep score by using tally marks on a markerboard or sheet of paper.
- Have your child practice writing the team's name that scores each touchdown. Write it using shaving cream, markers, colored pens, Twizzlers, anything fun!
- Make your own football field (make sure to include the #'s on each yard line). Write one letter on each yard line. Have your child move toys, Cheerios, anything along as they follow the teams' moves. Whatever letter they land on, they must go find something in the house that starts with that letter.